Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The world's bright candles.


Today was sunlight and wind everywhere, high and gusting. We get minutes and minutes more light every day.




Then, in the middle of the night, this happened. I was, in fact, still awake to feel it, and it was just as strange and scary as the one I felt in Greece thirteen years ago. And these were not big quakes (I mean, the one in Greece definitely was, but not where I was experiencing it). Which makes me think that I should perhaps build some more emotional preparedness for disaster.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the daffodils. They do my heart with pleasure fill. I hope your cloudlike wanderings are filled with the bliss of solitude and ever-increasing minutes of light.

6:30 PM, February 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dr. S:

The last small (California) quake I felt moved nothing large, but made a daisy tremble in a glass.

The way to prepare is to let go of your sense that you're supposed to try to be prepared.

Thanks for the pix.

11:57 PM, February 26, 2008  
Blogger meli said...

how strange - the wind and sun and earthquakes are exactly the same in leeds. it must have been quite a rumble...

4:15 AM, February 27, 2008  
Blogger Dr. S said...

but... you know that I'm just down the road, right? (I mean, just down the road in the sense that this is not a big country...)

sometimes my earnestness makes it difficult for me to catch jokes.

this morning they're saying it was 5.3 and not too far from you, I believe--the epicenter was on the coast just east of you.

4:25 AM, February 27, 2008  
Blogger meli said...

i guess you're right! i'm not an expert on earthquakes. but i'm very annoyed that i slept through it!

1:41 PM, February 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home