Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Second sleep.


Within an hour of waking up this morning, I found myself nodding off again over my book. I fought it for a few minutes and then decided that the fight was unnecessary. An hour later, I was awake again and fine. I have had a strange sequence of dreams about my body lately. In one, I borrowed someone's tape measure, only to discover that my measurements were unbelievably beyond what they've ever been; in another, swimming was on the agenda, but I wasn't really, shall we say, prepared to be out in public in a bathing suit. I have a pretty good idea of what these dreams are about. I also think that they might be compromising my sleep, and I object to that.

Now, when the clock says 4:35, the sun is still high.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gryphon said...

"I borrowed someone's tape measure, only to discover that my measurements were unbelievably beyond what they've ever been."

Hell, yeah. I know *that* feeling!

3:59 PM, February 22, 2008  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Yeah, but dude, you're having a baby!

Hope s/he's doing well...

4:19 PM, February 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home