Sunday, February 24, 2008

Incroyable.


Actually, nothing particularly incroyable has happened here today. I'm simply doing enough hovering around in the French language these past few days to want to pop that word in here.

If I could stay up for another hour, I could see the beginning of the Oscars. But if I saw the beginning of the Oscars, I'd be tempted to stay up all the way through the show, which won't end until at least 4 a.m. GMT. My diehard friends would do it,
even if (perhaps especially if) they did have to sit up all night. I'm showing my true colors: I'm mostly in it for the dresses, so I think I'll sit up and see whether I can catch the first round of images to get posted tonight--and then trust that the photographs tomorrow will be très magnifique.

All this decision-making requires some toast.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gryphon said...

It was one of the dullest Oscar shows in recent memory, so really you didn't miss much. Even the dresses were a bit dull. . . with the exception of Helen Mirren, Hillary Swank, Nicole Kidman, and Cate Blanchett, who always look fabulous (I draw hope from the fact that the latter two are also quite pregnant). For a frightful example of something that should never be seen on a human form, check out Cameron Diaz's dress--it seemed to incorporate a diaper, possibly a full one. And Tilda Swinton kind of looked like she was wearing a Hefty bag--but since she's Tilda Swinton, and she made fun of George Clooney's rubber Batman nipples in her acceptance speech, that was just fine.

3:34 PM, February 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home