Tuesday, March 28, 2006
- Name: Dr. S
- Location: Gambier, Ohio, United States
Annie Dillard could have been writing about me when she said (of herself), "I like the slants of light; I'm a collector." Or Willem de Kooning: "I'm like a slipping glimpser." And don't forget Brenda Ueland: "I learned that you should feel when writing, not like Lord Byron on a mountain top, but like a child stringing beads in kindergarten--happy, absorbed and quietly putting one bead on after another." But the Beastie Boys might have said it best: "When it comes to panache, I can't be beat." There's a reason I wear a ring that says Badass.
- She tires, writes of water.
- And no one can talk to a horse of course.
- One whose task is joyfully to see.
- i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
- The clandestine order and meaning of all signs.
- I walk woodlands home in my shoes.
- Here's the transgression.
- The dragon welcomes you to spring.
- I never liked these statues much.
- Trees I have loved.