Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mechanical failures.


I'm starting to feel apprehensive about even touching mechanical things that did not make the trip to England with me: first there was yesterday's flat tire; now the modem seems to have decided not to work; and this afternoon my electric tea kettle smouldered out, leaving a scorch mark on my countertop. When it looked as though the mobile phone wasn't going to work, either, things felt just plain silly, as though the machines were somehow conspiring against me. Fortunately, the mobile phone issue was a matter of operator error. The tea kettle, on the other hand...was perhaps an intervention designed to keep me from drinking leached carcinogens mixed in with my morning coffee.

Of course I thought re-entry would be simpler.

Fortunately I have excellent light in the morning and the evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home