Saturday, April 12, 2008

Second day of debauchery.


On day two of my debauch, I read nearly all day, then went to a concert where something was fatally wrong between the first violins--and yet the Schubert was still divine, as Schubert simply is. And then sticky toffee pudding, sitting in a half-inch-deep pool of a sticky warm sauce that was good enough to make me want to eat it all with my spoon, long after the pudding itself was gone. And now, I will proceed to bed down with my book. Dickens or Díaz? I ask myself. Díaz or Dickens?

The brilliant thing is, I can't go wrong either way.

Thirty-two years ago, I was being a big pain for my mother. I'm glad that she's always let me know it was worth it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Boricua en la Luna said...

Honey, from 46 (almost 47 now) 32 sounds so very fresh and young! Debauch away!

9:47 AM, April 13, 2008  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Psh--you're not almost 47! Your birthday is more than six months away! And anyway, if I'm as fresh and young as you when I (d.v.) turn 46, I will be ecstatic.

3:06 PM, April 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home