Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Well, I suppose one could say that.


In the aftermath of my talk, which went on too long and felt like hell but was amply well-received (how does that phenomenon work?), particularly by the senior academics in the room, including the famous woman who served me lunch at her own house, I find this horoscope waiting for me:
Today brings an achievement, though it may not be one that you recognize immediately. At least one of your goals has been met, though, so it could be time for you to set a few new ones.
An achievement I can't recognize yet? I'm going to hope that it's a good one. I did work hard today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you did, you always work hard.
The phenomenon works like this: your colleagues appreciate you and what you do and you don't. just enjoy it and keep chipping away at your insecurity and resulting perfectionism and do more of what you do albeit a tiny bit imperfect.

7:06 PM, February 05, 2008  
Blogger Poking-Stick Man said...

Bravo!

9:30 PM, February 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home