Thursday, January 31, 2008

Wind, rain, sun, dusk.


At 5:15 p.m., the western sky was still light, and the tree showed magnificently.

We saw the girl with hummingbird wings for fingers, her music incomparable; we walked home in the dark wind, so cold I took my earrings off because they told us, long ago, that earrings could conduct cold right into our earlobes.

"You have fabulous flow," the technician at the blood drive told me. I filled my pint in 4 minutes and 40 seconds. After it was out of me, I looked at it, there in its bag, ready to be filtered into platelets, plasma, white cells, red cells. It was gorgeous and dark, and it looked like an enormous amount.

Now the wind gusts just as hard as it did when we got up, and now it is time to sleep again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of this picture.

Bon travaille!

12:24 PM, February 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home