Wednesday, March 01, 2006
- Name: Dr. S
- Location: Gambier, Ohio, United States
Annie Dillard could have been writing about me when she said (of herself), "I like the slants of light; I'm a collector." Or Willem de Kooning: "I'm like a slipping glimpser." And don't forget Brenda Ueland: "I learned that you should feel when writing, not like Lord Byron on a mountain top, but like a child stringing beads in kindergarten--happy, absorbed and quietly putting one bead on after another." But the Beastie Boys might have said it best: "When it comes to panache, I can't be beat." There's a reason I wear a ring that says Badass.
- Dropping a bull.
- To sleep, perchance to dream.
- And I saw a bird fly away...
- Another one joins the world!
- I never promised you a rose garden.
- An abstract feeling of geography and voyaging.
- If you can't make your mind up, we'll never get st...
- The joy of cooking.
- A door. A gate. A door.
- Seeing spots.