Sunday, March 22, 2009

On being my own biggest time suck.


Perhaps the thing I hate most about grading--much of which experience, for me, is taken up with having grading to do but very actively not wanting to do it--is that it helps enable my worst time-sucking capabilities. Or at least so I tell myself, here at the end of a weekend wherein I swore I would finish a batch of papers that, realistically, there was no way I'd finish. I'm approaching the halfway point, which should feel like a small triumph, and I'm chugging along through it and doing my very best--as, it turns out, did my students. It's possible that I've never received such a strong batch of essays all from one class. And so I sit here and hold myself down for one paper and then let myself float off for a few minutes, and then I hold myself down for another paper and then let myself float off for a few more minutes. Right now--as you surely must know--I'm floating. Off.

On the other hand! If I didn't have to grade, not only would I stop getting paychecks, but I'd also probably never discover things like this:



The dude at 1:11 is priceless.

2 Comments:

Blogger Poking-Stick Man said...

The dancing stormtrooper is awesome. Also: this video reassures me that, perhaps, after all, my dancing skills aren't that bad.

1:02 AM, March 23, 2009  
Blogger BadassMama said...

That was awesome! Thanks for providing a very entertaining form for my procrastination against grading!

3:09 PM, March 23, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home