Sunday, March 15, 2009

Another open letter.


Dear universe,


You know that I'm always careful about what I wish for, and right now is no exception. But I think that I might be just about ready for my very own lovely and charming geeky partner in crime, if and when you get around to sending him my way (or vice versa). I've figured out that I've always gravitated toward brilliant men I could help heal or boost somehow, and I know exactly why that is. And I've figured out that during all these years I've thought I should end up with an academic or an intellectual, what I've really meant is that I think I want a dude whose unselfconscious geekiness will rival my own, whatever his particular thing is (within reason: please let this next one be able to talk to other people, because that last go-round was rough, socially speaking). Someone who'll get it when I want to spend a couple of hours sticking my lens into dried grasses would be appreciated. Someone who's into kitchen dancing would also be pretty great.

I think I'm ready to do my part, and my eyes are wide open. You just let me know.

Sincerely,
Dr. S

4 Comments:

Blogger ♫ En El Palacio De La Risa Y El Dolor ♪ ☆ said...

beautiful flowers! hermosas en verdad que me han gustado!! ;) :)

9:56 PM, March 15, 2009  
Blogger Dr. S said...

¡Gracias!

9:59 PM, March 15, 2009  
Blogger Notorious Ph.D. said...

Oh yeah -- and the flowers are super-awesome.

1:35 AM, March 16, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) I feel like we have the same taste in men. I also look for these things (especially kitchen dancing).

I made a similar request like this a while ago. The universe hasn't gotten back to me, but I figure it takes its time. Love need not be rushed.

Still loving your blog. Keep up the good work, and I hope all is well!

5:55 PM, March 16, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home