Monday, December 01, 2008

Winter smell.

Something about the smell of radiator heat in the winter makes me feel deeply secure, and so it is that when I awoke this morning, wrapped in red flowered flannel, to the beginnings of a snowfall and the endings of a long, long work project, I felt cozied--even though there was still that work to be done. And even though today was another day when I did not capture anything with my camera--the nuthatches and titmice and juncos and woodpeckers flocking outside my picture window notwithstanding. And even though my flaming-sworded friend sustained a major emotional blow later in the day. Despite everything, that is to say, it was a day of square settledness of the special sort I get when the air inside is dry and heated and the world outside is hissing and swirling in sleet and flurry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home