Thursday, October 09, 2008

Where I come from.


Today was my wonderful father's birthday, and I'm glad that he and my mother had the smarts to marry the day after his birthday, back when they decided to marry. Now, every year, he leaves his birthday (on which, this year, my mother bought him a cake-for-two and let him eat the flower) and goes directly into getting to celebrate having ended up for life with his favorite person in the world. "Papa got sixty kisses today," my mother said when I called home to continue the birthday conversation I'd begun with my father before he and I both had to run off for haircuts. "And I'll get lots more," he added.

1 Comments:

Blogger Notorious Ph.D. said...

This is beautiful. Lifelong love (with all its attendant bumps in the road, of course) is a beautiful thing. Yay, your parents!

7:13 PM, October 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home