Monday, October 20, 2008

Small sorrow.


First I left my camera away from home last night, and now I don't seem to be able to make it talk to the computer. This state of affairs is no good. And I had a picture I really wanted to give you this evening. I am starting to do the things my father taught me: if there's a cable involved, try a different cable. Try a reboot. Try different permutations of plugging the camera in, plugging the cord in. And nothing. So, here's a birdhouse instead.

Perhaps the machines will be happier in the morning.

Gah! [A postscript, moments later.] And now I've dropped the cap for my hot water bottle right down the drain of my bathtub. Clearly, something has gone wrong with my overall vibe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Notorious Ph.D. said...

The birdhouse is lovely. But: is it already snowing there? Or is this from last year?

(Maybe next fall I'll see snow again...)

1:12 PM, October 21, 2008  
Blogger Dr. S said...

No--those are big, wrapped-up hay bales!

1:55 PM, October 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home