Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Strange of beak.


What, I ask you, is going on with the beak on the drake bringing up the rear here? These mallards (sans their usual female companion) were out wandering about this morning, despite our distance from any water besides the copious amounts that fell from the sky today. I peered under the climbing vines and the shrubs outside my patio, trying to locate their mate and the ducklings I imagine she's incubating somewhere, but all I saw were these two increasingly annoyed and suspicious drakes.

Get a closer look at his beak (not to mention his annoyance):


After a downright silly number of colloquia and lectures today, I'm afraid that's all I've got that's of wider interest than the bounds of my own skull. As always, I have higher hopes for tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home