Saturday, March 08, 2008

Weather.


It didn't look even slightly like this outside today, and so I didn't leave the flat until it was time to head out for dinner. And yet I know I have not a thing to complain about, since back at home everyone is getting pounded with snow. I just received an e-mail letting me know that my home county has reached a high enough level of emergency that people caught out on the road can be arrested for driving. This news reminds me of the time my mother called me in Toronto, where she'd tracked me down at my Academic Mayhem hotel, to tell me not to go home because my then-home county had made the Weather Channel.

The Weather Channel was announcing that the county was closed.

We stayed an extra night in Toronto.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have only about six inches here. Jennings has almost a foot. We were dismissed two hours early yesterday. One would have thought we were all leaving for a vacation.
Spring forward this weekend! :)

11:10 PM, March 08, 2008  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Alas, here we don't spring forward until 30 March. Ah well: I'd rather have actual spring but not have the sun go down later...

5:46 AM, March 09, 2008  
Blogger Boricua en la Luna said...

Indeed! What good is it to spring forward when all you have is a chilly darkness in the early morning and 15 feet of snow everywhere? I'd rather wait until March 30. By then Ohio might just find it in its cold, frozen heart to give us some spring.

9:03 AM, March 09, 2008  
Blogger Poking-Stick Man said...

You haven't sprung forward yet? How does that alter the math on the time difference between the US and the UK? Now four hours difference between the east coast & you? Is that right? Argh -- why can't I do simple math?! :)

6:11 PM, March 09, 2008  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Well, yes, I believe that I'm currently four hours ahead of EDT and five hours ahead of CDT. Once we move from GMT to BST the regularly scheduled time differences will obtain once more.

(heh)

6:22 PM, March 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home