Saturday, December 15, 2007

Zest of one finger.


Ah, kitchen wounds. This evening, I baked another rhubarb pie to take to another dinner, and partway through cutting the butter into the flour for the crust, I realized that my little finger was bleeding, right where I'd nicked it with my zester awhile earlier.

First, though, I spent the afternoon out and about, photographing my Canadian friend as she rowed for our college in a Christmas race on the Cam--and, when her boat wasn't visible, photographing other bits of the environment. Good signage abounded, not least on the houseboats moored along the sides of the river.


I saw my favorite on the walk home, though, even though I know darned well what it actually means:


Jesus College's very presence here invites ridiculously bad jokes. "I used to have a friend in Jesus," my friend reminisced once. "We all have a friend in Jesus," I shot back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas Knauer said...

You have captured some truly exceptional signage here.

Huzzah for you!!!

Is all traffic diverted to Jesus? Is Jesus attainable by means other than bicycle? ANd do cattle just truly object to fishing poles? I must know the answers.

7:08 PM, December 15, 2007  
Blogger Dr. S said...

And if one can reach Jesus by bicycle, why would one choose only to reach *Fitzroy* by bicycle?

7:18 PM, December 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home