Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Now I'm just tired.


Tired, I say. Everything went fine with tonight's presentation, but 8:15 p.m. is a silly time to give a research presentation. Not as silly as 48 hours after your first piano recital in 20 years, though.

Of all the things I've ever done, the presentation was one. Others seemed to like it, though I didn't, particularly, while I gave it--which isn't so common for me. Usually, presentations are wonderful fun (once I'm giving them), and I leave on an enormous high. Tonight, I felt ambivalent precisely because I know such a lot more than what I said aloud.

But honestly? Watch that world keep turning.

"Welcome to the end of term," my friend said as we drank a first drink after I'd finished speaking. And yet, it doesn't feel like time for a vacation yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gryphon said...

Congratulations! I had the same feeling after my presentation last week--there's always more to be said. But that's a good thing. Take some time off--you deserve it! Are your family there yet? Tell them hello for me!

7:50 AM, December 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home