Tuesday, December 04, 2007

You've got to set yourself on fire.


Goodness, are some days unproductive, in a scholarly sense. However: I am proud to say that today I did some stellar travel planning (if I do say so) for my family's visit in...eighteen days! (Have I even mentioned to you that they're coming? I suspect that I have not. They are. And I am excited about it. Excited!) And then there was all that music-lessoning to be done. And the cordial Christmas party (as she called it) at my upstairs neighbor's flat. With a dash out to a lecture in the middle of it.

I'm being careful what I wish for, but a quieter and more focused day tomorrow would be just fine.

I mean, other than seeing that little film that's opening here tomorrow and that I bought my ticket for a week ago. I can't say that the CGI daemons don't make me a little nervous; I'm no fan of fake animals (though I'm even less a fan of CGI-enhanced real animals). But I'll try to take as a good sign the fact that the website just gave me a tiger named Aesop as my own daemon. And I suspect I'll still be psyched about seeing Pullman's novel on screen. (If you haven't read the His Dark Materials trilogy, you're missing out, I tell you.)

Oh, dude: today, while I was walking to town, I almost stepped on a pair of fake false teeth. It wasn't a fake pair of false teeth: they were real. But they were not real false teeth, the true kind with which one could take a bite out of, say, crime.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, so I'm going to guess that you're familiar with Your Ex-Lover is Dead by Stars?

10:05 PM, December 04, 2007  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Good eye, dear.

Yes: when there's nothing left to burn...

5:08 AM, December 05, 2007  
Blogger Thomas Knauer said...

Worry not about the Golden Compass, for nothing could be worse than Beowulf 3D. While some the of 3D was spectacular, it was truly the worst screenplay ever written.

Ever!!!!

4:07 AM, December 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home