Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Epiphany.


Here's a downright wrong way to celebrate my parents' wedding anniversary (thirty-seven years! and forty of being together! they are not just living the dream--they are the dream):

I think that, for the first time, after a decade of trying, I've finally come to understand Paul de Man's "Autobiography as De-Facement." I still don't agree with him, but now it's not because I think he's wrong. Now it's because I think he stops short of the real challenge. But oh! to be able to articulate that difference! is not at all a bad way to go toward one's afternoon.

Happy anniversary, beloveds.

Today: 1046 words (many of them, I think, what we in the business would call "theoretically sophisticated"), to which I can only say oh yeah! it's not even noon yet!

4 Comments:

Blogger BadassMama said...

Hooray for your parents! Hooray for your words!

10:27 AM, October 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, yes. Happiness all around!

11:26 AM, October 10, 2007  
Blogger Gryphon said...

Huzzah! You and your parents kick ass.

1:46 PM, October 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many thanks, Dr. Daughter! We are the most blessed of people!

5:10 PM, October 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home