Wednesday, September 26, 2007

And more spells.


Today has been the England that I know: brightly, cheerily sunny and yet rainy, even when there are no rain clouds, per se, visible. When I took this picture, for instance, I was being rained upon. Lightly, to be sure, but rained upon nonetheless.

Fifteen minutes from now will see me kitted up for formal hall; twenty minutes from now will see me making strange conversation over drinks in a loud common room, waiting for the gong to ring at 8 p.m. so that we can begin strange conversation over food in a slightly less loud dining room. It's all lovely strange conversation. But it's strange. Wednesday dinners tire me out even before I start getting ready to leave for them.

Which I suspect I should do now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home