Thursday, August 30, 2007

Roadside delights.


I don't think we had enough starlings last night. I don't want them to have gotten overshadowed by our finally having seen the eagle.

On my way to Columbus for pre-departure errands today, I spied a sign at the side of the road: "Kitten Very Pretty." Cows cozied to one another in all the fields; the weather was cool and breezy today, and most of the cows lay about on the ground. Not far from here, a younger, smaller cow nudged and nuzzled the face of a larger cow who stood still and accepted this attention. Chickens wandered around in a yard. Pleasures were few, and of a different sort, once I reached my destinations and started rounding up my necessities, but the trips to and fro were good for my ongoing stocking up of what I'll soon be leaving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home