Monday, August 20, 2007

Ain't no sunshine.


How on earth do you leave behind a dog who can't hear you say that you hope she'll still be alive when you come home from your research year? Especially when she's spent part of the morning stretched out alongside your laptop, as though it were her body pillow. (Had I not tried to get a picture of her, she wouldn't have awakened. Only on rare occasions do I rue the 50mm lens--but this was one of them, and there was no way to change.)


(And here's after she busted me, and right before she left the room:)


Especially when you're returning to this weather


and this view out your kitchen door.


You just do, that's all, even though it takes you a good three hours longer to leave than you'd planned.

Thank goodness for excellent friends, an excellent dog, and plates full of excellent food.

1 Comments:

Blogger BadassMama said...

That first line almost made me cry. I will join you in hoping she's still there when you return. (I'm sure this resonates all the more because my parents' dog is 13.)

7:55 AM, August 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home