Friday, September 29, 2006

Plethoric and myriadic.


You all should know that one of you reading today will be visitor number 7000 to this ongoing project. Which reminds me of what I forgot to tell you during Sunday's brief celebration of that other numeric milestone: thank you, as always, for being here.

Falling asleep last night, I knew, even from under my layers of blankets, how cold the night was getting: somewhere behind and above my head scritched the scratch of a mouse searching for warmth in my walls. Or perhaps it was a raccoon--which is a story for another day. For now, extricating myself from a warm bed, covered with blankets and books, handily wins the title of project least likely to enthuse, this sun-chilled autumn morning.

4 Comments:

Blogger Poking-Stick Man said...

Will you identify the lucky 7000th visitor? I think you should -- and I also think that there should be some kind of prize. Possibly a cookie.

4:58 PM, September 29, 2006  
Blogger ttractor said...

I know, of course, you know I'm here. But sometimes I like to say it. All the zeros next to the word comment look lonely but I know, of course, as do you, we are multitudes.

Happy 7000 to us!

5:06 PM, September 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and you don't know me, but I'm here too, one of the 7000, mostly silent but entirely appreciative. Do not imagine you can abdicate...

7:12 PM, September 29, 2006  
Blogger Dr. S said...

I would not dream of abdicating, not even in my fatigue.

Person #7000 was someone I don't know, checking in from a high school in Saskatchewan.

Thanks for your support, everyone!

11:03 PM, September 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home