Friday, September 22, 2006
- Name: Dr. S
- Location: Gambier, Ohio, United States
Annie Dillard could have been writing about me when she said (of herself), "I like the slants of light; I'm a collector." Or Willem de Kooning: "I'm like a slipping glimpser." And don't forget Brenda Ueland: "I learned that you should feel when writing, not like Lord Byron on a mountain top, but like a child stringing beads in kindergarten--happy, absorbed and quietly putting one bead on after another." But the Beastie Boys might have said it best: "When it comes to panache, I can't be beat." There's a reason I wear a ring that says Badass.
- Another variation on this theme.
- Another way things might be.
- A way things might be.
- The moon, the moon.
- The pleasures of being read.
- Another dispatch from the land of sleep.
- Even the walk to town is full of delights.
- The rising of the ground to cloak the cooling sky....
- Further adventures in tree knowledge.