Monday, April 10, 2006

A window and a wall.


I hate it, but after the long, so long and so busy but also so gratifying day I've had (so gratifying: tonight I read aloud, to an embodied audience I could see while I was reading, the first offline prose piece this Cabinet has yielded; later, after our seminar's break, my students gave each other a signal and then started singing happy birthday--to which my excited response: "Wait! Whose birthday are we singing for?!"--then produced the homemade cupcakes they had made for me), here's all I can do for you tonight. Think of these images as placeholders until I can write again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I knew it was in April, but I didn't know when.

1:16 AM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Dr. S said...

It's not for a couple of days yet, but those students only see me once a week, so I guess they decided to go for it. I suppose I'm having a kind of birthday week, which seems appropriate for this one.

One student said, of another student who had to miss class, "He thought we should get you a first edition of Middlemarch, but they didn't take PayPal, so we couldn't." They're so awesome.

10:38 AM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger ttractor said...

yes, yes, awesome awesome awesome! and happy happy happy!

10:52 AM, April 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home