Monday, February 06, 2006

Office gazing.





if there's one thing I
like to watch, it's hopping birds
on winter branches



source for today's image
: the webpage of artist Robert Hower. "Winter Birds" (1997-8) is what he calls "an iris print on arches," a description that makes me feel, all over again, how little I know about the production of visual art--and how much I want to learn. In his artist's statement, Hower writes, "The viewer, if willing, should find an emotional connection or a constructed personal narrative within the digital field." You can let my haiku hop around in this image like the birds on the sunny tree outside my office. That's the personal narrative I'm offering today: me, in my office, watching.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas Knauer said...

dr s...

i can help on this one...

an IRIS print is an ultra sexy and generally highly archival inkjet print. iris technology really began to open the door for digital fine-art prints.

arches is a paper company producing fine art printmaking and whatercolor papers generally. awfully sexy stuff.

3:43 PM, February 28, 2006  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Aha! Excellent. Thanks, 4"oE.

12:12 AM, March 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home