Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My to-do list today is turn the party out.

Some of you (and you know who you are) have been wondering whether I'd make a deadline today, and I'd like to announce that I did, and that that's what a good deal of the fuss has been about over the past few days. It's always a half-nice, half-fearsome feeling to let a piece of writing go; this one is now bouncing its way off some satellites (and other assorted stuff) into someone's e-mailbox on the other side of the Atlantic, which means that I can get back to the trente-six choses I have à faire right here and now.

source for this second image of the day: Sooda.com--who knows? All I do is type the thing I want to find and hit "images" and "search," and these strange things appear. Seriously--try it! Abstract nouns are particularly good.

5 Comments:

Blogger Poking-Stick Man said...

Pink would say: "You sent it out / So you better get this party started!!"

The Beatles would sing about you being a "Journal-article Writer."


Britney Spears would make low guttural noises apparently intended to signify singing.

12:08 AM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Or she'd dance like a silly fool wherever it was that she last turned up with K-Fed. Did you see those pictures?! And have you seen James Lipton doing dramatic readings of his (Federline's) song "Popozao"? Too good!

12:12 AM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Poking-Stick Man said...

Pardon me. I believe you mean to say that Britney Spears would be "dancing up on" K-Fed.

Incidentally, I object to the fact that, in the wake of such onomastic abominations as "J-Lo" and "Bennifer," all second-rate celebrities are now being given abbreviated names. We should count ourselves lucky, though, that James Lipton isn't being called "J-Lip." That sounds dirty.

3:14 AM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Dr. S said...

It's crucial to note that K-Fed gave himself that abomination, because he's a power tool.

10:25 AM, February 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abbreviated names...like Brangelina! I swear I only just saw this post -- we seem to be on the same weird wavelength. Same goes for the "Chronicles-of- Narnia"-SNL-referencing post.

Congrats on meeting your deadline.

And you're right, "J-Lip" does sound naughty. For that reason alone, I hope it someday takes off.

6:23 PM, February 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home