Saturday, November 15, 2008

Flooding.


The thing I like best about this plant, he says as we walk to the car, I carrying the baby, he carrying his coffee, she following with the diaper bag and the car keys, is the way it catches the water. They all do it, but this one does it the best.

Later, we sling the baby and I carry her through the mall, her sleeping face buried under my arm, her left arm stuck straight up to clutch my shirt. Look, look, little children say to their mothers at the Gap. Look at the baby.

1 Comments:

Blogger AliceAcademic said...

Hi Dr. S. I've been enjoying your amazing photos and poetic writing. That is a beautiful plant, I love the picture. I am going to refrain from asking its name and rushing out to get one of my own, because I'm sitting in a house full of plants. It is fuller than usual because I brought in two small hibiscus plants, and a few other flowering plants that had to come in from the cold porch. I used to be a plant killer. I have no idea how I ended up living in what now appears to be a green house.

11:11 PM, November 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home