Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A dayful.


From thing to thing to thing today, and yet somehow I didn't emerge at the end of it feeling as though I'd been kicked around. I credit this to a long night's sleep and to a dinner of high-protein vegetarian chili with some of my dear and disempowered ones.

On the way home, my excellent friend said, "Have you seen the tree on Brooklyn? Do you have your camera?" My answers: no, and yes, of course. And indeed that tree did rip out the whole side of the road when it toppled into our neighborhood ravine on Sunday. The noise of that storm, I tell you, was like nothing I've ever heard. It's as though we were trapped in a slow-moving, slow-blowing tornado for six hours or so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Notorious Ph.D. said...

My friend in Western PA said the same thing -- that there was no rain, but she'd never felt wind like that before.

9:30 PM, September 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home