Monday, July 28, 2008

No finer fruit.


They are a staple of my summers, have been since I started graduate school and discovered that a real blueberry bears little or no resemblance to anything "blueberry flavored." Here, at full price, they are $16/pound. Fortunately, these were half off, and I only bought a half-pound.

Today: though I added 545 words to the piece, they are nearly all words I wrote back in February. But I count them anyway: now they're in a more-right place. And no, I don't yet want to talk about the 461-word endnote currently hanging out in this piece.

4 Comments:

Blogger Notorious Ph.D. said...

Ah, the curse of the discursive footnotes. I love these, but mainly it's because I can't stop myself from going off on interesting (to me, anyway) tangents.

12:42 AM, July 29, 2008  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Yeah, in this case, it's because the article is going to a journal that fundamentally deals with the intersections of multiple genres, but not usually one of the genres that I work in. And the result is that they're working with really outmoded concepts of said genre. So I have to explain (politely) in this footnote how it is that the genre is not actually what this journal's multimedia field thinks it is. One such footnote has already clambered into the essay's main text. This one asks me every day whether it, too, can move. I'm holding out.

3:16 AM, July 29, 2008  
Blogger Poking-Stick Man said...

Three very nicely allusive entry titles in a row!

I am currently sunburnt (an experience so rare for me as to be rather confusing). But it was SO worth it.

10:22 PM, July 29, 2008  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Aha--is this because of the going-to-see-the-tennis-tournament? I hope you had a good sojourn down in the rivery city.

3:43 AM, July 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home