Saturday, May 17, 2008

A return, a promise.


So: when I blew town early Thursday morning, I had my laptop and my camera on my back, and I fully intended to find a way to put up a post at least saying that I was going to be away for a couple of days. But then my hotel didn't have internet, and I got caught up in spa-going (seriously) and in incessant walking and in several hard-core, intense bouts of work (though still not writing--still the assembling and brewing phase, frustrating though that phase's prolongation always is to me). And I didn't pay my £1 for 20 minutes of internet time at an internet cafe, and so you didn't know where I was or how long I'd be away. I hope that I'm just flattering myself by hoping that no one was worrying; I realize that this was one of the first times I've gone away without telling you more explicitly that I'd be gone.

Anyhow: my journey to the spa town of Bath was every bit the restorative trip that I'd hoped it would be, and tonight, following a stop-off for an astounding
theatre event, and some time on a double-full train (after our non-stop train was stopped at a local station and passengers from a broken-down train poured into our cars), I have returned home.

The promise is that you'll get a better dispatch about my exploits from me tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Boricua en la Luna said...

I must admit to having been a little worried at your unannounced "absence" but I'm glad it was all for good (if unexpected) reasons. I love the Bath picture of the row houses. I hope to get there the year our excellent 18th century colleagues are in England so I can ooh and aah at everything myself. :) Glad to have you back online, too!

9:01 PM, May 17, 2008  
Blogger BadassMama said...

I wasn't worried because you hinted at travel--a "change of venue"--but I missed you and wondered when you'd be back. Glac you are!

10:31 PM, May 17, 2008  
Blogger Dr. S said...

When you go over there, you have to go to the spa. More about that later on....

3:11 AM, May 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home