Thursday, June 14, 2007

How d'ye like them.


Seriously, I don't remember the last time I tuckered myself out quite this much. When it's all on you and your partner in crime--the talking about textual nuance and authorial intent and passive verbs and inflammatory language and what pedagogy even means and why arguments are better than judgments, plus why not to get wasted on Wednesday nights plus how being sensitive toward women doesn't mean being anti-male plus how much fun it is, overall, to think--and when you say, come to office hours! and they listen--well, let's just say it makes for a long and utterly rewarding but utterly exhausting day. Am I making up for all that time I haven't been spending in the classroom and won't be, for another year? Possibly. Heh: as if it worked that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home