Friday, April 20, 2007

The day's quiet.


It wasn't at all a quiet or contemplative day, though now I'm feeling as though it should have been. Or at least more so. Instead it was a day of flurry and chat, of earnest assertion and wry remark, of work barely begun before interruption's arrival. A day of living aloud, rather than to myself. But, in the background, the musing, alone and with others, to ourselves and to anyone who could hear. Not least on the juxtaposition, once again, of beauty and pain. Not least on what we do not know, and what we cannot, and how fragile that makes and leaves us.

3 Comments:

Blogger Boricua en la Luna said...

If I didn't know better, I'd be thinking I know who was the earnest assertion and who the wry remark.

9:50 AM, April 21, 2007  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Nah, this time both were mine. I am both the earnest and the wry (as you know!).

11:05 AM, April 21, 2007  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Thank you!

1:18 PM, April 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home