Friday, March 09, 2007

Silly dragon, drains are for...


(It would be in bad taste for me to finish that sentence.)

Right on cue, he's back. Earlier today, I was musing on how someone obviously didn't know the Rules of the Dragon when he reappeared last week: he disappeared almost as soon as I'd taken his picture, and I assumed that someone had stolen him. But tonight, walking home on the first leg of my voyage to get grocery store sushi for dinner, I could see a little spot of orange up ahead. And I found this little poser waiting for me. (I think he's posing as someone who might take an interest in fixing the yard-scars from last fall's pit meter installations up and down my street.)

Poser!

Today, trees started showing their buds, nuthatches mewled as they foraged for grub, and I got to walk around in shirtsleeves for the first time this calendar year. We're on the fast climb out now, my friends.

There's more--when, all gratitude given, is there not more?--but first there are all these photocopied and microfiched books to be read, all these proposals to be written. The ruthlessness is upon me.

And at nearly 7 p.m., there was still a little bit of light. In my book, that's the best news of the day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Boricua en la Luna said...

Your orange dragon is becoming as much a symbol as my Mr. Robin. :) He really could cheer up even the dreariest day with that silly smile. Thanks for sharing!

2:44 PM, March 10, 2007  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Yes, seriously, if you search this blog for "dragon," you'll find a whole collection of photos from the past 14 months. He is the Blog Mascot, which is part of the reason it's so sad to me when I think he's disappeared for good.

10:00 PM, March 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home