Monday, January 15, 2007

Fortunes I have been told.


Startlingly good things happened with my writing out there today, and so I am low-balling tonight's writing here. I only have so many words to go around, apparently.

I carry my fortunes in the back pocket of my wallet. (I keep the ones others have given me hanging on my office door.) It seems as good a place as any for years of accumulated wisdom. Were I an historian, I would probably have put dates and places on all of these tiny slips of paper. As a literary archivist, I am left to wonder about the affective significance of my having neglected such details.
  1. Your talents will be recognized and suitably rewarded.
  2. Many a false step is made by standing still.
  3. You will help someone in need.
  4. Place special emphasis on old friendship.
  5. One who admires you greatly is hidden before your eyes.
  6. A new outlook brightens your image and brings new friends.
  7. Your determination will bring you much success.
  8. You will pass a difficult test that will make you happier and financially better.
  9. Your spirit of adventure leads you down an exciting new path.
  10. Trouble brings experience and experience brings wisdom.
  11. You find beauty in ordinary things. Do not lose this ability.
  12. You will soon take a very pleasant and successful trip.
  13. Happiness begins with facing life with a smile and a wink.
  14. The secret of staying young is good health, and lying about your age.
  15. There's a good chance of a romantic encounter soon.
  16. You will be called upon to fill a position of high honor and responsibility.
  17. You have a keen sense of humor and love a good time.
  18. You will learn quickly, never fear.
  19. You take a reverent attitude towards life and are most capable in the guidance of others.
  20. Nothing in the world is accomplished without passion.
  21. The old believe everything; The middle aged suspect everything; The young know everything.
  22. Your skill will accomplish what the force of many cannot.
  23. You deserve to have a good time after a hard day's work.
  24. You will conquer obstacles to achieve success.
  25. Your luck has been completely changed today.
  26. Soon you will be sitting on top of the world.
  27. You are almost there.
What I can't believe is that I've only accumulated twenty-seven after all these years. What I also can't believe is that I feel a bit crestfallen about that.

I love no. 27. I think it's true.

3 Comments:

Blogger Emmie said...

interesting blog... well it seems u have a positive frame of mind...i would love to revisit your blog for sure... u can too drop by mine sometimes.... hope u like it...!!!

4:18 AM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Alison Stine said...

I got 27 once too. It's true.

8:40 AM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger BadassMama said...

I'd like to see #23 move up to #2 (unless of course they're in chronological order). Do you leave behind ones that don't move you?

12:05 PM, January 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home