Monday, August 14, 2006
- Name: Dr. S
- Location: Gambier, Ohio, United States
Annie Dillard could have been writing about me when she said (of herself), "I like the slants of light; I'm a collector." Or Willem de Kooning: "I'm like a slipping glimpser." And don't forget Brenda Ueland: "I learned that you should feel when writing, not like Lord Byron on a mountain top, but like a child stringing beads in kindergarten--happy, absorbed and quietly putting one bead on after another." But the Beastie Boys might have said it best: "When it comes to panache, I can't be beat." There's a reason I wear a ring that says Badass.
- Just when I thought there might not be anything to...
- I'm an indisguisable shade of twilight.
- Friday night in mid-Ohio.
- The elusivity of reflections.
- Utter fawning.
- A clearing.
- A new-twisted anxiety dream.
- The game of champions.
- Shopping for a lover.
- ...sailors' delight.