Saturday, May 06, 2006

Roly poly fish heads.

Back in February, I gave you the lyrics to the surreal 1980s pop classic "Fish Heads." Tonight, puttering around in the strange trove of treasure that is YouTube, I have unearthed the Barnes and Barnes film--not a video, a film--for this song; it was directed by and starred Bill Paxton, of all people. The song itself starts at about the two-minute mark. If this one wasn't a part of your youth, I'm happy to be your pusher. Try it. You'll like it. The first time's free.

And besides: everybody's doing it. Just say yes. (They don't play drums.)

Today has been a day of couch-lying and phone-talking. And reading. And napping. I took a supremely good nap, like a long cat luxuriating in the world's largest sunbeam, for about two hours this evening. With this kind of view from my couch, and with a funny cold spell settled over Gambier, I didn't feel particularly compelled to get out from under the couch quilt.


Last night, in my dreams, I stole someone's writing desk. But that's a story for another day, possibly tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Javier Aldabalde said...

How extraordinary!

1:19 PM, May 08, 2006  
Blogger Thomas Knauer said...

I have always loved this song -- and the accompanying film. I think -- somewhere deep in the recesses -- it have had a lot to do with me becoming an artist --or whatever the hell it is that i am.

2:06 PM, May 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home