Thursday, December 15, 2005

I have caved

It was inevitable, really.

I've been reading others' blogs for almost a year, having previously been part of a couple of group blogs. The group blogs always made perfect sense to me: neater than a lot of e-mails circulating to a huge list, they let a whole group of us stay in touch even once we started moving away from our graduate school careers.
But the idea of starting an individual blog has felt so solipsistic to me until now--despite the fact that I don't think my blogging friends are at all self-involved or silly. In fact, new posts on their blogs make me almost absurdly happy. I have no pretensions about whether this blog will make other people happy. I just figure, it's about time I stop hogging other people's comments sections and start making my own textual space over here.

I'm probably going to be a little stilted at first, while I find my blogging feet. You all don't know I'm here yet anyway; by the time people catch on, I'll have caught up.

source for today's image: Kip Brockman's View-Master reference page.

7 Comments:

Blogger BadassMama said...

Your blog makes me happy already! Now I have someone else I care about to read up on when I don't want to work! ('Cause we have so much trouble keeping in touch...) Seriously, though, I'm pleased that you've decided on a new outlet of creative expression.

8:23 AM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger par3182 said...

splendescent news.

9:01 AM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Dagnabbit, par3182, you remembered!

10:53 AM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger summer of sam said...

i'm so glad you're blogging.

i think i can retire now.

1:18 PM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger Dr. S said...

If you retire, I'm going to come up to Chicago and hunt you down. It's not that far away. You've got your fair warning.

1:54 PM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Sum, I wouldn't really hunt you down (comma) yo. You can tell that I'm not too tough by the fact that I feel bad for having written that and not having made it clear that I was joking.

2:57 PM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger summer of sam said...

@dr. s.: i didn't take it that seriously.

thanx for the clarification, though.

11:57 PM, December 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home